Monday, December 9, 2013

Week 11

This week we talked about "Citizen Revisited" and observed the questions "what makes a good citizen?" and "are there responsibilities and obligations of only rights and choices?" I think that as citizens we have obligations to vote and be politically engaged. I am not a citizen (I am a permanent resident) so I am unable to vote, but I do stay politically engaged and try my best to keep up with current events. We compared a classic republican to classic liberal. A classical republican believes in the freedom to rule/govern, and a classical liberal believes in protection of the law and freedom from interference. Do you guys agree that the government should be involved heavily with the people or just allow them to do their own thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment